Organisations, more than ever before, need the skills and principles of coaching in order to develop a culture that is inclusive, accountable, innovative and agile. Organisations with these qualities are better able to handle the complexity and speed of change of today’s business environment. Research clearly indicates that organisations with coaching capability and a coaching-inspired culture are more likely to be high performing, more equipped to handle change and experience better financial performance and growth than other organisations within their industry sector.
Leaders, managers and individual contributors from all business functions will benefit greatly from this programme. Good coaching skills enable anyone who needs to develop, influence and communicate effectively with others, whether inside or outside of the organisation to achieve greater success.
Foundational Coaching Skills
This three-day programme provides strong foundational skills for managers and leaders to effectively use coaching as part of their leadership skillset. It covers essential skills including:
- Understand what is the philosophy and definition of coaching and how it differs from other leadership styles and professional ways of working with people.
- Applying a simple yet effective framework for a structured coaching conversation.
- Introducing core coaching skills for leaders, managers and internal/external coaches:
- Advanced listening skills as well as coaching techniques and practices to enhance deep listening, communication and understanding.
- Thought provoking and forward moving questioning skills.
- Coaching approaches for exploration and enquiry to establish clear understanding, rapport and focus on what is most important to address, resolve or achieve.
- Effective goal setting and visioning leading to clear and committed forward action with accountability.
- An introduction to the ICF Core Competency model.
- The programme includes demonstrations of coaching plus plenty of practice opportunities with feedback from tutors.
This programme provides managers and leaders with the necessary skills and practice to significantly enhance their leadership and communication with their teams as well as with their own peers and stakeholders. This programme is offered in English.
We also offer a range of other coaching awareness and coaching skills packages to suit your specific requirements, contact us to find our more.
Your investment in building a strong coaching culture will pay off. Industry research shows that organisations with strong coaching cultures report upward trends in the benefits noted above so contact us today to find out more and explore how we can help you!
Please contact us to discuss pricing to run this programme internally for your group or organisation.
Alternatively, individual managers and leaders can join Module 1 of our Science and Art of Coaching programme if you do not have enough participants to run an internal programme.