Executive & Leadership Coaching Services
Before any one-on-one professional coaching engagement, we offer a free, no-obligation conversation or meeting. This is for us to explore the work that you want to do and how coaching would support your goals. We also talk about how we would work best together to ensure that there is rapport and a “good fit” between us.
Coaching packages vary in duration, depending upon the specific piece of work and goal you want to achieve. We offer telephone and face-to-face coaching sessions, or a blend of both depending upon location, schedule and preference.
All coaching packages begin with a contracting session covering a range of topics including coaching goals and outcomes, measures of success, roles and responsibilities, coaching schedule, review and feedback, payment and any other terms and conditions.
Coaching sessions may also vary in duration and frequency and will be determined during the contracting process. As a guideline, virtual sessions can range between 30 and 60 minutes and face-to-face sessions may range between one and three hours in duration. A schedule will also be agreed upon, which may be weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
As a member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF), your coach is fully committed to its philosophy, ethics, principles and standards
ICF Definition of Coaching
Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.
In each session, the client chooses the focus of conversation, while the coach listens and contributes observations and questions. The interaction creates clarity and moves the client into action. Coaching accelerates the client’s progress by providing greater focus and awareness of choice. Coaching concentrates on where clients are now and what they are willing to do to get to where they want to be in the future, recognising that results are a matter of the client’s intentions, choices and actions, supported by the coach’s efforts and application of the coaching process.
As a result of coaching, clients set better goals, take more action, make better decisions and more fully use their natural strengths.
The ICF Philosophy of Coaching
ICF adheres to a form of coaching that honours the client as the expert in his/her life and work and believes that every client is creative, resourceful, and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach’s responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client self-discovery
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable
While the coach provides feedback and an objective perspective, the client is responsible for taking the steps to produce the results they desire.
Engagement Process for Executive and Leadership Coaching
- Chemistry: Client connects with one or more coaches to establish rapport and identify optimum compatibility. Client chooses which coach to work with.
This is an optional and recommended step if there is more than one coach being used. Chemistry sessions are usually approx. 30 minutes and can be conducted face-to-face or virtually.
- Contracting: Tri-partite conversation with coach, client and client’s line manager to agree personal/professional coaching objectives, scope of work, logistics, reporting and confidentiality and relevant measures of success.This tri-partite session usually lasts for approx. 1-hour and can also be combined with the first coaching session straight afterwards making an initial session of 1.5 – 2-hours in total.
- Coaching: Coach and client connect regularly as per the coaching contract agreed.The number, frequency, duration and type (f2f/virtual) of coaching sessions can be agreed at the tri-partite meeting or as part of the overall coaching contract with the organisation. This is typically between 6 – 12 sessions across a period of between 3 – 12 months.
- Closure: Tri-partite conversation with coach, client & client’s line manager to review progress, identify next steps and either close or re-contract the coaching work.This tri-partite session usually lasts for approx. 1-hour.
- Sessions can be either face-to-face, virtual or a combination of both.
- Face-to-face sessions are usually 60-90+ mins and virtual sessions are usually approx. 60 mins in duration; however, the sessions can also be longer/shorter if preferred.
- Optimal benefit is gained from coaching when sessions are regular vs. ad hoc and so sessions at least every 4-6 weeks are recommended.
- It is recommended that coaching packages are for a minimum of 6 sessions across at least a 3-month period and can extend to up to 12 sessions across a 12-month period based upon the contract agreed.
All Coach Advancement Executive and Leadership Coaches:
- Hold an ICF credential (either Associate Certified Coach (ACC), Professional Certified Coach (PCC) or Master Certified Coach (MCC)).
- Are members of the International Coaching Federation (ICF).
- Hold appropriate professional indemnity and liability insurance.
Depending upon language and location, we can provide coaches based overseas and who can work in coachee’s native language if necessary.
We will offer a range of coaches’ bios for each coachee to select a coach of their choosing based upon a “chemistry” process.
When a formal proposal is submitted, we will also include the bios of the coaches proposed for this engagement.
Investment (Coaching Package)
Chemistry Sessions (if virtual): Free of Charge
Coaching Packages: Please contact us for a personalised price quote based upon your specific requirements.